Test Automation Software Developer
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. We uncover threats that others can’t and respond quicker than others can to protect against the devastating impacts of cyberattacks. We’re a world-class team of cyber consultants, threat hunters and researchers serving clients in 96 countries. At Trustwave, you can learn alongside the best, make a personal impact on a global scale, and solve new challenges every day. Learn more about us at https://www.trustwave.com
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Test Automation Software Developer to grow our Product Engineering QA Team in Waterloo.
The Test Automation Software Developer is responsible for testing Trustwave’s SIEM and other cybersecurity related products built on advanced cloud technologies and Machine Learning libraries.
- Working hands on with a SIEM architecture build on state-of-the-art technologies
- Working with Developers and Manual testers to convert manual use cases to automated scripts.
- Writing Test scripts for Backend components like SQL Database, Hadoop, REST API’s, machine learning models mainly with Python for our Keyword Driven Test Automation Framework.
- Develop/maintain advanced automated testing frameworks. Our automated framework is built on top of Robot Framework and other great technologies.
- Ensure automation framework/tools perform well and provide quick and reliable results.
- Participate in code reviews to assure adherence to standards and test quality.
- Collaborate with team members across product architecture, development, DevOps, and testing teams in designing automated testing approaches
Education and Experience:
- Strong coding skills (Python/Java/Bash)
- Test automation experience (automated test framework development and test case creation/maintenance)
- Strong experience with Linux and testing backend systems
- Experience testing with containers and related technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Cloud-based testing experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field
- Coop/Full time experience of working in Test Automation
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Willing to learn network security technologies and products/devices (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Familiarity with various platforms and technologies (Python, MySQL, Java applications, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience working in an environment transformed from predominately manual QA to an automated QE testing environment
- Experience reviewing artifacts including code reviews (application and test automation scripts)
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a college or university degree is a plus.
To All Agencies:Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.