Security Solution Architect
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The Trustwave Security Solution Architect (“SSA”) is responsible for identifying, designing, architecting and providing appropriate technical solutions for customers in support of the Sales Engineering and Sales Management teams. In addition, the SSA collaborates with other divisional Architects to develop solutions composed of multiple technologies to address customers and prospects business needs in a converged ICT services environment and market.
The SSA will act in many ways as the technology Subject Matter Expert that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present to “C-level” and technical members of a client team. The SSA must possess the knowledge and experience in two or more of the following core domains: Network Security, Application Security, Database Security, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Response and Managed Security Services. The SSA will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a senior member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as a leader on solution design and deployment projects. The SSA should have the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
• Be responsible for the design of complex security solutions that as part of a grate all multi-media (voice & data) ICT (Information Communication Technology) components into an effective and efficient network infrastructure design
• Initial project planning & costing (i.e. where required ensure OBC completion for each deal)
• Work with Trustwave and Optus internal groups (including Customer Engineering, Network Engineering, Optus Business, Technology and Products) and third-party vendors from pre-sales and implementation through to production
• Undertake application level customer requirements gathering and scoping. Deliver customer workshops and presentations as required.
• Responsible for helping the Sales team to identify and close specific sales opportunities;
• Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing expert-level product demonstrations at the request of the Sales Engineering team and/or when strategic or complex opportunities are identified.
• Be a subject matter expert resource to the sales engineering team on any number of Trustwave solutions
• Participate as a senior-level technical resource at trade shows and conferences
• Work independently and as a vital member of the sales engineering team
• Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business
• Ensure successful on-site product evaluations (POCs) and post-sale installations when necessary
- At least 5 years of experience working as a security solution architect.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity designing solutions, statements of work (SOW) bill of materials (BOM) and presenting technical solutions.
- Experienced in security and networking LAN, WAN, SDWAN, VPN, ROUTERS, FIREWALLS technologies
- Experienced working in Networking for cloud solutions (AWS, AZURE)
- Knowledgeable in third party security solutions including CISCO, FORTINET, PALO ALTO, NETSKOPE, MICROSOFT and AKAMAI
- Experienced with modern versions of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Readiness to travel up to 25% annually
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent educational or industry experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to two or more of the following core domains: Web Application Firewall, Database Security, Web and/or Mobile Application Security, Anti-Malware Solutions, Managed Security Solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience working with one or more of the following: TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Sound and demonstrable working knowledge of industry standards e.g. ISO27000 series, PCI-DSS, ISO31000
- Verifiable and current certifications, including SABSA, CISSP, CISM or CISA.
- Sales Methodology Knowledge
- Depth of knowledge in 4 or more of the core security domains: Security and Risk Management, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communications and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations and Software Development Security.
- Deep Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in at least two of the core domains: Network and Infrastructure Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, Threat Detection, Mobility Security and Managed Security solutions.
- An understanding across this breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
Why join us?
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 20 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers. Interested in joining our team? Apply online now. Want to know what’s it’s really like to work for us? Check out this link on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/trustwave?ref=innovative-companies-0
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.