Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based information security solutions, announces an opening for a Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer to join Trustwave's Engineering Team in Chicago, IL.
The Government Cloud Operations team of the Global Application Services group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 4+ years of cloud native technologies experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. The Government Cloud Operations team is the division of Engineering that develops and maintains code and infrastructure in all government certified environments to support client-facing applications.
Trustwave Government Solutions is a leading provider of data security and compliance services to the U.S. Federal government. Our team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, enables our government partners to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs results to ensure each customer receives valuable outcomes at the best value. The agencies we work with benefit from our collaborative, innovative approach to meeting their unique needs. We listen carefully and respond nimbly. Our solutions combine industry best practices with customized technology to ensure quality and integrity.
- Implement and promote best practices in cloud-native software and infrastructure deployment, administering through automation and configuration management tools.
- Configure, deploy, and support software developed by Trustwave Engineering as well as third-party Open Source Software.
- Define, manage, and respond to data driven metrics for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with non-Government Release and Operations teams, QA, and Development teams to define and maintain operational requirements and procedural documentation for deployment of Trustwave’s managed security products.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of hands-on experience of applicable products and tools and can demonstrate working knowledge of the following areas:
- Operation and Management of native components on public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Automation techniques and tools through scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.), configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet, etc.), and infrastructure tools (Terraform, Foreman/Katello, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery processes and tools used to manage them (git, jenkins, etc.)
- Docker container-based infrastructure technologies and tools such as service discovery (etcd, Consul), service meshes (Istio, Envoy, etc.), and schedulers(Kubernetes, ECS, Nomad, etc.)
- Installation, configuration & maintenance of Red Hat, Centos, and other Linux distributions preferably at a large scale.
- Highly available and secure systems/environments.
Additional desirable experience and skills in the following areas:
- Migration of on-premise infrastructures to a public cloud.
- Big data technologies (Elasticsearch, Hadoop, kafka, NiFi, etc.)
- Networking concepts (routes, subnets, ports, firewalls, etc.) and tools.
- Security concepts and tools.
- Performance monitoring and log management systems (CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudTrail, ELK stack, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java.
- A passion for uptime and security.
- Forward thinking and keeping up with current paradigms and technologies.
- Ability to work with development teams and synthesize infrastructure requirements from application needs
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.