DevOps Release Engineer
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave Spider Labs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based information security solutions, announces an opening for a DevOps Release Engineer to join Trustwave's Engineering Team in Chicago, IL.
The Release team of the Global Application Services group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 2+ years of cloud native technologies experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. The Release team is the division of Engineering that develops and maintains code in all environments to support client-facing applications.
- Implement and promote best practices in cloud-native software and infrastructure deployment, administering through automation and configuration management tools.
- Configure, deploy, and support software developed by Trustwave Engineering as well as third-party Open Source Software.
- Work closely with Operations and Infrastructure teams, QA, and Development teams to define and maintain operational requirements and procedural documentation for deployment of Trustwave’s managed security products.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years of hands-on experience of applicable products and tools and can demonstrate working knowledge of the following areas:
- Operation and Management of native components on public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Automation techniques and tools through scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.), configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet, etc.), and infrastructure tools (Terraform, Foreman/Katello, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery processes and tools used to manage them (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Docker container-based infrastructure technologies and tools such as service discovery (etcd, Consul), service meshes (Istio, Envoy, etc.), and schedulers (Kubernetes, ECS, Nomad, etc.)
- Installation, configuration & maintenance of Red Hat, Centos, and other Linux distributions preferably at a large scale.
- Highly available and secure systems/environments.
Additional desirable experience and skills in the following areas:
- Migration of on-premise infrastructures to a public cloud.
- Big data technologies (Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Kafka, NiFi, etc.)
- Networking concepts (routes, subnets, ports, firewalls, etc.) and tools.
- Security concepts and tools.
- Performance monitoring and log management systems (CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudTrail, ELK stack, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java.
- A passion for uptime and security.
- Forward thinking and keeping up with current paradigms and technologies.
- Ability to work with development teams and synthesize infrastructure requirements from application needs
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times, and to participate in off-hours on-call schedule
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place, and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.