Business Development Representative
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. We uncover threats that others can’t and respond quicker than others can to protect against the devastating impacts of cyberattacks. We’re a world-class team of cyber consultants, threat hunters and researchers serving clients in 96 countries. At Trustwave, you can learn alongside the best, make a personal impact on a global scale, and solve new challenges every day. Learn more about us at https://www.trustwave.com.
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
At Trustwave, a Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams, seeking new business opportunities by developing relationships with potential customers. As a BDR, you are responsible for reviewing, contacting and qualifying marketing-generated leads and delivering them to sales.
To be successful in this role you must be very personable, extremely self-motivated, have a commanding ‘phone’ voice, be a quick thinker, and some computer knowledge is important. You will be working in a large and supportive team environment, with the tools and data needed to be successful provided to you.
Ultimately, you will help boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Prospect, educate, and setup qualified meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales representatives
- Use prospecting tools to find new contacts and new organizations in the geographic sales territory
- Document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient lead management, and maintain accurate information (including updating data and providing notes from calls)
- Maintain a positive, self-motivated attitude while handling heavy phone call volume
- Utilize Salesforce to accurately reflect pipeline and account activity
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Excel in time management and ability to prioritize activities
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for new ways to succeed and drive more meetings
- Desire to grow into a professional sales role
- Experience or knowledge of the Information Security industry is preferred
- Strong oral (phone) and written (email) communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational Skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working with a customer relationship tool is preferred, expertise with Salesforce is highly desired.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
This is a remote opportunity open to anyone legally authorized to work in the USA. Guided by our flexible workplace philosophy, Moments That Matter, people gather in the office when in-person interaction is most impactful; full-time remote employees may be asked to travel occasionally based on the needs of the team and the business.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to treating everyone with respect, one of our core TRUST Values, and strive to create a culture that empowers all Trustees to be their best, most authentic selves. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.