Information Security Specialist
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
- Career growth - receive mentoring, coaching, and support to progress your career
- Flexible work arrangements and a supportive team (you'll never feel alone!)
- Continuous learning and development programs
We’re looking for an Information Security Specialist to join our talented Sydney-based team to work on a range of Sydney-based cybersecurity projects.
The Information Security Specialist function provides a single point of contact for all security-related activities for designated customer accounts, and takes a key role by providing hands-on guidance in the development and implementation of security reporting functions as related to designated accounts. The Information Security Specialist function possesses a combination of skills including: security reporting, general security expertise and project management skills.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Tenable or other vulnerability management tools. Ensure that all of the various environments within Customers have adequate scans and assessments performed. Work with technology owners and platform leads to ensure vulnerabilities and issues are patched and remediated in a timely manner.
- Research and recommend emerging security technologies/tools to address current and future threats relevant to the environment
- Participate in security incident response process when required.
- Develop a vulnerability reporting framework to communicate key data points vertically and horizontally.
- Provide a single point of contact to the account management and delivery teams for all operational security related reporting for the customer account.
- Oversee the implementation and management of operational security reporting activities.
- On a regular weekly basis, meet with the account team to review security reports, status, review any risks, issues, incidents, and outstanding activities.
- Provide security-related education to ensure security awareness and knowledge of customer applicable security policies and processes to internal teams. Answers questions and concerns regarding customer applicable security policies and processes.
- Ensure that opportunities to improve security are identified.
- Offer executive-level presentations for the account or client management and proactively keep Trustwave senior leadership abreast of all account concerns.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Must have hands-on Vulnerability Management tool experience such as Qualys/ Tenable/ Rapid 7 with at least 2-3 years of experience. SIEM (ideally Splunk) experience is strongly preferred. 5 years of overall security industry experience is preferred.
Must have advanced skills/knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Information Security Operations
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Demonstrated Project Management Engagements
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Routers and access control devices
- Unix / Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP networking
- Intermediate Knowledge of Common Technologies (SIEM, WAF, IDS, IPS, IVS, Endpoint Security)
- Excellent customer service, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and project management skills
- Self-managed/directed and team-oriented
- Highly self-motivated; deadline- and detail-oriented
Please note: Candidates must be Australian Citizens or PR Holders and be resident in Australia to apply for this role. Applications from overseas candidates will not be accepted.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.