Cyber Security Engineer
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
We are currently looking to create the team with a strong Security Engineer with a passion for Cyber Range technology service development in security simulation test scenario and training to suit customer need. The candidate will perform independent assessments of cyber systems and capabilities, accomplished through development of unique, cutting edge technical capabilities for understanding, testing, assessing and analyzing cyber technologies.
The security development engineer will conduct penetration testing attacker-like (also known as red teaming) exercise in an enclosed enterprise environment of servers, end-points and security solutions managed by cyber defenders (also known as blue team) so as to assess their readiness level in detecting, investigating and blocking cyber-security attacks. Via this exercise, companies can improve their security team’s ability to ward off cyber-attacks and identify gap in their technology, process and/or personnel
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate should possess below qualities of planning, constructing, supporting and executing testing and evaluation activities of cyber capabilities, also focuses on red-teaming to identify weaknesses in enterprise systems and characterization of adversary capabilities. This is achieved successfully through excellence and experience in core technical competencies, including the planning and execution of cyber evaluations, development of realistic, high-fidelity test environments to model the Internet and networks of interest, modeling of adversary capabilities, development of threat surrogates, low-level systems analysis for vulnerability discovery and malicious software analysis, low-observable system instrumentation and forensic analysis, and reverse engineering.
- Work on the Cyber Range platform and engine that are used for experimentation, development, testing, training and exercises of cyber capabilities.
- Responsible for interfacing with cyber range platform and engine to ensure successful transition of SingTel developed technologies and supporting the test design, deployment, and execution of cyber Range events.
- Require the ability to design use-case test scenarios, as well as test sites for test setup and execution.
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows computing environments, centered on the maintenance, setup, configuration and automation of cyber ranges and testbeds. Automation of administrative tasks will be required to ensure rapid setup and configuration of testbed configurations and to enable the collection of host and network logs to support data analysis.
- Work together as a team to conduct development on next generation cyber range capabilities used to support the development, testing and training of cyber capabilities and systems.
- Focus areas include development of high-fidelity traffic generators, user and network models, Internet emulation, mobile devices, low-observable actuation based on image processing techniques, advanced host instrumentation capabilities using custom hardware components and data analytics.
- As part of the team will analyze emerging technologies such as Web 2.0 sites, social networking sites, Internet based communications, handheld devices and developing the means to recreate them with as much fidelity and scale as possible in an isolated testbed environment.
- Work on modeling and recreating the threats present on the Internet such as malcode, advanced persistent threats, botnets and the associated infrastructure required for them to run in a realistic manner.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with network/system simulation testing and training experience is preferred.
At least 3-4 years of relevant experience with Linux and Windows system administration, virtualization solutions, router configuration, and ability to program in a scripting language, such as Python, Perl, Tcl or shell.
Must have excellent communication skills, be able to document issues clearly and work in a fast-paced environment specific to network/system simulation testing and training.
- Ability to program in a high level language such as, C, C++ or Java, etc.
- Capable to conduct administration of virtualization platform, MySQL databases and packages and installers for software distribution.
- Must be able to design, implement, test (including vulnerability, penetration, etc.) and debug complex software systems.
- Possess training for awareness of security threats, mitigation techniques, solution technologies, etc.
- Must be able to explore new malware analysis techniques and security technologies to solve complex simulation test problems.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Candidate must also be innovative, customer-focused and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Why join us?
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 20 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers. Interested in joining our team? Apply online now. We look forward to talking to you.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.