Director, Security Operations
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
Trustwave is looking for a Director, Security Operations to lead the Global Security Technology Management (STM) Operation teams from our Manila location. Interacting with your peers both in the region and globally, this role is key to driving the success of MSS STM operations as part of the Trustwave Global MSS services.
You will lead a global team of people, delivering Enterprise grade services and support of security technologies, including Next-Gen Firewalls, EDR, IVS and others, to the worldwide Trustwave client base.
As a Director and leader, you will:
- coordinate global operations (7 security operations centers in AMER, EMEA and APJ) to assure 365/24/7 coverage and business continuity; be responsible and accountable for the success of the team in the Global MSS environment
- Lead drive operational service excellence; develop and maintain the Security Technology Management strategic roadmap; establish operational objectives and work plans.
- build a collaborative culture with peer departments and internal and external partners; work closely with engineering group on tools development and improvement
- coordinate the implementation of best practices and the adoption of suitable trends
- be very familiar with the security technologies used in Enterprise environments
- understand the technologies behind threat detection, such as EDR and IPS
- have proven skills and experience in managing Enterprise customers in operations
- be customer facing and have experience dealing with and managing challenging situations
- respond in a timely manner (within documented SLAs) to support threats and other cases
- document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to both internal and external customers
- be self-sufficient and be able to work as necessary with minimum supervision and resolve problems independently
- collaborate with management peers on process improvement, policies and practices
- act as an escalation point and mentor for your team members
- foster a customer focus culture, growth, and development
- perform other duties deem appropriate for the position
Required Technical Experience:
- Expert-level professional experience in a SOC or high-pressure Enterprise Operations environment with experience functioning in a team lead or mentoring capacity
- 10 + years of information security experience
- Strong expertise in information security
- Requires strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Requires a passion for Information Security
- Requires practical experience with TCP/IP networking concepts
- Excellent professional experience working with Intrusion detection/protection and SIEM technologies
- The preferred candidate will have 2 or more years of full time experience with one or more of the following security vendor products: Palo Alto, Carbon Black, Cybereason, Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper, Sourcefire, IP Tables, Snort, ModSecurity, Nessus, Checkpoint, ClamAV
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong customer service and analytical skills
- Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Proven technical leadership abilities
- Experience with supporting customers in a global environment and from different countries
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services
- Interface with a variety of customers in a polite, positive, and professional manner
- We prefer applicants with a bachelor's degree
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study
- Preferred candidates will have one or more certifications in Security/Networking including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or other security specific vendor/product certifications
- Additional language skills are also desired in addition to English, including Spanish or Portuguese
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.