Business Partner Manager
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
Trustwave is seeking a regional. The Business Partner Manager (BPM) is responsible for recruiting, developing, and managing Trustwave’s Business Partners in a defined region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic resell and referral partnerships that create new and incremental revenue for Trustwave.
- Achieve quarterly revenue target as defined in compensation plan.
- Be a channel subject matter expert Business Partner Manager that executes the company’s go to market channel strategy.
- Develop and implement Partner Business Plans with measurable KPIs and review quarterly with all strategic partners.
- Develop Partner Pipeline and help drive through the sales and forecast process to deliver Channel Revenue.
- Act as your partner’s Trustwave GM/Sales manager to drive partner sales and go to market activities.
- Manage, plan, and execute all Partner base activities.
- Drive and measure sales and technical enablement plan for strategic partners.
- “Go-to” team member within the territory for all channel expertise and requirements.
- Internal channel ambassador aligning strategic partners with Trustwave’s sales leadership.
- Provide insights and ideas constantly improve Trustwave’s channel programs and activities.
- May perform other job duties as needed.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- At least 5-10+ years of work experience building & leading world-class, revenue generating partner business model.
- Proven expertise in orchestrating the development of Top-Tier partners and establishing long-term mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Proven experience of recruiting, enabling and developing partners to execute on Channel go to market strategy.
- Consistent track record in exceeding partner-driven sales quotas and partner development goals and objectives.
- Excellent communicator with well-developed written and presentation skills.
- The ability to work across sales, marketing, presales in the partner and ensure appropriate enablement activity is undertaken.
- Adaptable and highly self-motivated.
- Operate effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong planning, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to manage multiple initiatives to tight deadlines.
- Strong sales, relationship building and results orientation.
- Demonstrated success in major account development, relationship building, ability to work at multiple levels.
- End user sales experience, record of achieving and exceeding revenue and recruitment goals.
- Experience using Salesforce.com for opportunity management, activity tracking and reporting.
- Strong Follow up skills and drive to be successful.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.