Information Security Specialist
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career growth - receive mentoring, coaching, and support to progress your career
- Continued education/learning & development programs
The key purpose for the Information Security Specialist (ISS) is to support the world-leading Trustwave solutions and services to meet the client’s specific requirements; or to support an Information Security Advisor (ISA) or number of ISAs in delivering outcomes to customers. The ISS supporting the premium-level ISA service requires some customization and specific functions such as Custom Reporting, some Custom Processes (that do not interfere with Trustwave's SOC standard processes), emerging threats, Dark Web monitoring, solution, infrastructure, design and documentation reviews to name a few. Each client's requirements differ slightly/significantly from client to client as there are variable client and contractual requirements.
The Information Security Specialist is a hands-on technical or analyst role providing configuration changes, technical analysis on data or products. This role does not provide direct consultancy to customers but may deliver reports to the customer directly or to internal Trustwave teams or working in collaboration with one or many ISAs.
The ISS provides information and context to the ISA and also provides observations and recommendations for key decisions in the area of security, which may include operational technical support, and other duties in support of the client and/or the primary ISA on the account.
The ISS function possesses a strong technical background in one or more security domains and skills that may include industry recognized certification (such as CISSP) and may have experience in some aspects of project delivery.
The ISS is a pooled resource with other ISS and ISA resources with the power of the global Trustwave ISAs, but the ISS is not a head for hire: allocation for the ISA service is based on hours sold to a client as part of an MSS/MTDR service.
Common activities include:
- Obtaining information and data from technologies such as Rapid7, Log Rhythm, Carbon Black, Netskope
- Review of data and analysis, develop and deliver customised reporting.
- Correlating data from various sources to provide observations to internal Trustwave Stakeholders.
- Review and monitor the Log Rhythm SIEM dashboard report for log source going silent or unexpected spikes in log volumes
- Review or monitoring of technical configuration or equipment.
- Filling out change management documents, and coordination of activities between customer and Trustwave
- Creation of Configuration for and delivery of configuration to equipment/technologies.
- Create or involvement in technical documentation to support solutions or process development/tuning including documentation to be supplied to the customer for customer change management process.
- Problem management, seeing issues through to resolution.
- Incident management – providing support for ISAs or internal Trustwave teams.
- Provide analysis of customer telemetry collected in the MTDR service to identify threats and tuning opportunities; as well as engaging additional Trustwave expertise when appropriate in coordination with the ISA.
- Work with the ISA to maintenance and optimise the customer specific runbooks and in-scope customised Threat Detection content.
- Create MSS Service reports and metrics relating to customer on a weekly basis with the ISA.
- Attend meetings with customer as local contact point, to acquire a higher understanding of customer intent. liaise and work with the ISA to deliver outcomes.
- Configure customer systems as required to enable MTDR services.
- Respond timely to Trustwave initiated Security Incidents.
- Participate in tuning and service optimisation activities as required.
- Resolve deviations from the project plan or scope of work in a timely manner. Take responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of managed services.
- Provide a single point of contact to the account management and delivery teams for all operational security related reporting for the customer account.
- On a regular weekly basis, meet with the account team to review security reports, status, review any risks, issues, incidents, and outstanding activities.
- Ensure that opportunities to improve security are identified.
- Offer executive-level presentations for the account or client management and proactively keep Trustwave senior leadership abreast of all account concerns.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Must have skills/knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Hands on Experience with tools such as Rapid7, Log Rhythm, Carbon Black, Netskope or similar common technology tool experience is required.
- Information Security Operations
- Project Engagements
- Technical knowledge of some common technologies (SIEM, Endpoint, Vulnerability Management)
- Information Security Standards and Regulations
- Data Analytics – able to review data and provide insights.
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated team player who can work to contribute to the Trustwave team success
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Fluent in English.
- Certification(s) in Security Sector (CISSP or similar)
- Three to five years of technical experience
- Experience in aspects of delivering projects.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complicated data sets and scenarios
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.