Intermediate Software Engineer (C#)
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our mail system products on a daily basis, as well as interaction with other teams with regards to product development. You will also be involved in the technical specifications of future versions, and be a liaison into the QA team.
- Develop and maintain our mail systems product to internal coding standards
- Liaise with members of the QA team during development and testing
- Liaise with our technical support team to resolve customer issues
- Research new technologies to determine their applicability to the product
Key Performance Criteria
- Development according to product release schedules
- Code quality and commenting
- Production of technical documentation for internal use
- Computer science qualification, or similar
- Solid knowledge of C# / asp.net
- Strong Object-Oriented design skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- 3+ Years commercial experience with C# / asp.net
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with:
- Experience in Microsoft SQL / TSQL programming
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people of varying technical ability
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage tasks, responsibilities and time
- Ability to work as a Team Player, in a cross functional team in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to understand the target audience and how the products are used
Formally reporting to the Development Lead, but primarily accountable to fellow Scrum Team members in a flat team structured environment.
Working from a spacious, comfortable and modern office building conveniently located in the Greenlane business district, with easy parking and multiple public transport options. Trustwave’s Auckland office enjoys the benefits of being part of a large multi-national company, while maintaining a collaborative ‘start-up’ type atmosphere owing to a relatively small number of people at this site, operating within an Agile Software Development Framework.