Software Engineer (Java)
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. We uncover threats that others can’t and respond quicker than others can to protect against the devastating impacts of cyberattacks. We’re a world-class team of cyber consultants, threat hunters and researchers serving clients in 96 countries. At Trustwave, you can learn alongside the best, make a personal impact on a global scale, and solve new challenges every day. Learn more about us at https://www.trustwave.com.
We are looking for talented, self-directed, and team-oriented candidates with 2-5 years of software engineering experience who are interested in building Security Products for low-latency, high-volume environments to join our Product Engineering Team in Chicago
We offer competitive salary and benefits on scale fitting experience, excellent work life balance with a favorable PTO policy, and the option to work fully remote. We have a highly experienced team with a very collaborative culture. We strive to foster an environment where people can learn and grow while solving relevant problems for our customers.
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open-source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and Junit.
- Experience developing web services using REST and SOAP approaches and knowledge of HTTP protocol.
- Familiarity with Maven, Gradle and Ant build tools
- Real-world experience building large scale, high availability applications.
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Web Application Security is a plus
- Familiarity with Anguar.JS and NodeJS is a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- Able to quickly prototype ideas
- Able to give rough work estimates and strive to complete projects by the deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place, and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.