Senior Cloud Practitioner
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based information security solutions, announces an opening for a Senior Cloud Practitioner to join Trustwave's Engineering Team in Chicago, IL.
The Global Application Services group within Trustwave Engineering is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 4+ years of cloud native technologies experience, scripting and programming knowledge, and experience managing application infrastructures on a large scale. Global Application Services is the division of Engineering that develops and maintains code and infrastructure in all government certified environments to support client-facing applications.
- Work in tandem with IT, development, and operations teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to IT and Engineering teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications in collaboration with lead architects, including large-scale data processing and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of hands-on experience of applicable products and tools and can demonstrate working knowledge of the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing complex and scalable cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Continuous Integration/Delivery processes and tools used to manage them (git, jenkins, etc.)
- Docker based container infrastructure technologies and tools such as service discovery (etcd, Consul), service meshes (Istio, Envoy, etc.), and schedulers (Kubernetes, ECS, Nomad, etc.)
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
Additional desirable experience and skills in the following areas:
- Big data technologies (Elasticsearch, kafka, NiFi, etc.)
- Networking concepts (routes, subnets, ports, firewalls, etc.) and tools.
- Security concepts and tools.
- Performance monitoring and log management systems (CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudTrail, ELK stack, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java.
- A passion for uptime and security.
- Forward thinking and keeping up with current paradigms and technologies.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally work scheduled night/weekend times
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.