Security Information Specialist
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
SpiderLabs is the advanced security team responsible for application security, incident response, penetration testing, physical security and security research for Trustwave's clients. In addition, SpiderLabs performs 3rd party security reviews and intelligence for Trustwave's products and provides and security thought leadership to the entire organization. SpiderLabs has responded to hundreds of security incidents, performed thousands of penetration tests and security tested hundreds of business applications for some of the largest organizations in the world. Members of SpiderLabs are frequently asked to speak at security conferences around the world. SpiderLabs has research facilities in Chicago, Sao Paulo, London, Israel, Sydney and Auckland.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated Security Information Specialist to join our Spiderlabs Security Information Services team in Warsaw. Team members configure constructs for the Trustwave SIEM and MSS offerings, which digest logs from security and network based products, as well as content to provide detailed and summarized analysis of acquired log data based on customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a technical security background and an ability to investigate, understand, and explain security and network events and activities to technical and non-technical individuals.
Security Information Specialists perform the following duties:
- Build structures to tokenize and normalize log data from 3rd party vendor security products using various methods, including regular expressions and normalization tasks
- Develop and maintain various types of reporting content designed to provide customers with deeper analysis of their security data
- Resolve problems independently and understands the correct escalation procedures using a myriad of development tools and skills
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
- Respond in a timely manner to ticketed issues from Customer Support and other departments
- Multi-task several projects at any given time
- Optionally exercise intermediate development skills to assist in customer integration projects, as well as enhancements to internal team tools
- Document actions in tickets to effectively communicate information internally and to customers
- Maintain lab hardware and application installations
Must have skills/knowledge in some of the following:
- Information security, incident escalation and/or investigation
- Perl Compatible Regular Expressions - PCRE
- Extensible Markup Language - XML
- Relational databases & structured query language – MySQL, SQL Server
- Scripting languages – bash, Python, Perl
- Information security or networking experience
- Highly motivated; Deadline and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- BSc in Computing is preferred
- Intermediate Java programming skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral (phone) and written (email) communication skills
- Self managed and team oriented
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.