Software Architect (Java & ML)
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
Trustwave is seeking a Software Architect to lead a team to success building and enhancing our next generation compliance and risk management platform. As a Software Architect, you bring strong solutions architecture, design, and communication skills to the table. You enjoy going hands-on-keyboard to rapidly build prototypes and lead technical spikes to demonstrate the feasibility of your technical architecture and design. You are able to clearly document, effectively communicate and drive the practical realization of software solutions you help envision working alongside Product Management, DevOps, QA, and other Engineering teams.
- Lead small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Work with Research Lab to transform academic publications to production grade software
- Contribute code to our custom ML Platform
- Design, development and explanation of ML tasks for network security and automation use cases
- Data science of new models and proof-of-concepts to determine suitability for deployment
- Work with our QA team on system performance and acceptance testing
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- You have experience building, deploying and maintaining fault tolerant backend solutions in a general programming language. We prefer Java but, if you have demonstrated the ability to effectively deliver software solutions in new language you had to learn, we want to talk to you!
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and Junit
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience developing web services using REST, SOAP, orXML-RPC, approaches.
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java, DART and other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience or significant project work with ML technologies
- Experience building applications utilizing relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong object-oriented design skills and the ability to communicate that design effectively to your team.
- A strong history of technical software leadership and solution delivery
- Experience working with Agile teams and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in the development of high-speed streaming applications
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience with large scale storage and retrieval systems
- Knowledge of the security industry, specifically around compliance management
- Demonstrated the ability to deliver success with geographically distributed teams. Travel may occasionally be required.
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying software solutions to a Cloud Platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- 4+ years building and delivering software solutions using Spring Framework: Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Data, etc.
- Experience building applications that utilize ElasticSearch and/or are an Elastic Certified Engineer.
- Experience with any of Apache NiFi, GCP DataFlow, Apache Beam.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.