Business Development Manager - Civilian
Trustwave Government Solutions is a leading provider of data security and compliance services to the U.S. Federal government. Our team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, enables our government partners to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs results to ensure each customer receives valuable outcomes at the best value. The agencies we work with benefit from our collaborative, innovative approach to meeting their unique needs. We listen carefully and respond nimbly. Our solutions combine industry best practices with customized technology to ensure quality and integrity.
Trustwave is seeking a Business Development Manager - Civilian to support its Federal government sales organization. The Business Development position will be focused on driving the adoption of Trustwave technology in (Civilian, Defense, Systems Integrator) Programs, as well as, driving Trustwave sales through resellers and distributors in the federal government marketplace. This is a senior individual contributor position that requires a blend of direct sales, channel knowledge and business development expertise.
This person will drive the Federal Government adoption of Trustwave technologies in their program initiative as well as increase incremental revenue produced by resellers and distributors.
A successful Business Development Executive in this role will:
- Build & Maintain Relationships within (Civilian, Defense, Systems Integrator) Accounts – understand the System Integrator business model and sales cycle, Build relationships with the business development and program teams within the System Integrators, Be the point of contact for Trustwave for System Integrators for program business in the assigned FSI targets
- Understand the FED FSI market - Know the key program management teams within the assigned FSI’s. Drive Trustwave awareness and adoption into the key programs both pre-award and post-award.
- Understand the Trustwave portfolio – Understand the Trustwave story, solutions and technologies; Understand & Relate specific FED focused Use Cases for Trustwave solutions; Communicate new end-user mission and technical requirements to Trustwave
- Push Awareness in the System Integrator FED Organizations - elevate Trustwave's strategic status with key System Integrator partners, drive executive capture & technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow System Integrators to discriminate in the FED market and influence end-user customer requirements
- Assist with FED Program Sales Strategies – Engage & coordinate with End-User FED Sales Reps; Engage Trustwave FED capture management to develop program specific value propositions; Identify the relevant FED system integrators and points of contact; Build ongoing and program specific call plans with integrator accounts; Develop program bid strategies with Trustwave Leadership
- Drive Adoption of Trustwave technology during Program Capture Phase - Execute program specific call plans; Push program focused value propositions; Arrange demonstrations and deep dives; Negotiate positions on System Integrator teams; Ensure System Integrators are getting proper proposal & technical support; Help System Integrators win program business
- Drive Adoption of Trustwave technology in existing Programs – Understand the key existing programs in the FED market and the System Integrators who hold the contracts; Develop relationships with System Integrator program leadership; Show how Trustwave solutions can minimize costs, meet schedules & service level agreements, and/or expand the contract scope
- Manage a program specific funnel of both pre-award & post award opportunities
- Develop and manage channel strategy programs to maximize sales revenue from indirect channels
- Single point of contact for channel partners, including on-boarding, partner account management, Q&A, etc.
- Co-selling with partners to close sales opportunities and interact with direct sales on the Partner engagement model
What You Bring To The Team
- Significant professional expertise and experience in technical sales and business development roles with enterprise IT technology vendors
- Strong knowledge of the FED Sales Cycle and Programs
- Demonstrated success in working with FED System Integrators in a sales and business development capacity on infrastructure and program capture
- Demonstrated success in winning Multimillion dollar large Federal Government opportunities
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with multiple systems integrators
- Strong demonstrated expertise and experience in working with government procurement and contracting.
- Demonstrated success in creating and negotiating corporate agreements with Major Systems integrators
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- History of demonstrated success in Federal government sales is strongly preferred. Cyber Security sales experience a plus.
- Ability to travel 30%+
- Technical or Business undergraduate degree desired, MBA a plus
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from government customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave Government Solutions outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave Government Solutions’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Government Solutions Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave Government Solutions and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.