Vice-President, Information Security
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com
The Vice-President, Information Security is responsible for establishing and maintaining a global information security management program to ensure that information assets and employees are adequately protected. This position is responsible for ensuring that information security risks are identified, evaluated, mitigated and reported in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and aligns with and supports the company’s global risk posture.
The position requires a visionary leader with proven business management skills and a broad understanding of information security technologies and threats. The Vice-President, Information Security will lead a team proactively working with business and technology partners to implement a strategy and practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security. He or she will also oversee a variety of security related risk management activities.
A key element of the role is working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization. The Vice-President, Information Security must be highly knowledgeable about the business environment and ensure that information systems are maintained in a fully functional, secure mode. The Vice-President, Information Security must be able to effectively collaborate with the foreign-based parent organization on a broad range of issues including leveraging enterprise capabilities to support the Information Security Strategy and Program.
The Vice-President, Information Security will be directly responsible for the management of three operational functions:
- Information Security
- Identity & Access Management
- Vendor Risk Management
- Will be required to foster relationships with middle to senior management, and senior executives across a range of functions including Risk Management and Technology
- Regular interaction with the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Providing clear, consistent leadership, advice and representation on all aspects of Information Security
- Demonstrating effective management, communication, and negotiation skills to drive complex initiatives towards completion including those with a cross boarder dimension
- Fostering collaborative and supportive relationships that promote effective Information Security risk management and key information security initiatives
- Interfacing and negotiating effectively with a wide range of audiences, including senior management
- Collaborating with a range of functions including Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and the parent organization to monitor developments in the areas of legal, regulatory, corporate requirements, technological developments, and best practices in the security governance and compliance field
- Leading the enhancement of a comprehensive monitoring and reporting regime for Information Security to identify, manage, track and communicate information security risk
- Advanced knowledge of applicable US and global laws and regulations as they relate to Information Security and the effective management of Information Security Risks
- 10+ years of managerial experience in information security including successfully managing mergers, acquisitions and related activities
- Enterprise level experience including managing and successfully delivering cross functional initiatives
- Strong professional experience dealing with internal risk and compliance as well as associated certifications e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- A university degree in Information or Technology Management or Risk Management or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing strategic plans and managing an information security program.
- Extensive experience in the design and testing of formal Key Controls in support of compliance to a range of regulatory and legislative requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley
- Advanced understanding an experience in managing business processes and budgeting
- Exceptional and proven leadership capabilities – communication, influence & negotiation, conflict resolution, people management, relationship management (internal/external), and team building
- Proven ability to successfully partner with internal clients and vendors to align strategy with deliverables, identify business challenges and develop alternatives to mitigate
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong service management and service delivery orientation
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in at appropriate levels for different audiences
- Proven ability to work within a changing environment and lead the implementation of change
- Ability to apply change management principles to initiatives of variable sizes and degrees of complexities
- Ability to assess the impact or potential impact of change management initiatives of various sizes and degrees of complexities on business financials and performance
- Advanced level of creativity, strategic thinking and problem management skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into information security issues
- Self-motivated, self-directed, attentive to detail, and able to multi-task
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Why join us?
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. When you join Trustwave, you join a unique global family with more than 20 years of history focused on helping you shape and grow your career. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and industry vision that has helped assure our products and services are always on the very forefront of technological development. When you ride the wave, you’ll work with a group of people who share common goals, are driven by a similar passion, and value the expertise of their peers. Interested in joining our team? Apply online now.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit www.trustwave.com.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.