Consultant - Digital Forensics & Incident Response
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and IT security (cyber) education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Do you want to work with a great team of specialists investigating a wide range of IT Security breaches, tracking advanced threat actors from around the world? If so, Trustwave SpiderLabs needs YOU!
SpiderLabs is Trustwave’s elite security team focused on digital forensics, incident response, penetration testing, application security and threat intelligence.
This position is for a Consultant on our Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) team. Have several years of experience in digital forensics and incident response.
- You’re happy to work independently and gets engaged in online chats with a globally distributed team.
- You have experience with investigating compromises involving large enterprise environments, web applications and credit card processing environments.
- You have experience with forensic tools, you will have access to Encase, X-ways, Axiom, Carbon Black and Cyber Reason along with whatever open-source tools you prefer and other commercial tools you can convince us to buy.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin is a plus but not a requirement.
- Be a fast and lifelong learner.
- Be comfortable chasing malware through systems and familiar with persistence mechanisms, injection methods and detection/evasion techniques.
- Ability to foster and develop strong client relationships.
- Be able to decode base64 in their head and write a python script before breakfast.
Digital Forensics & Incident Response:
- Knowledge of key forensic artifacts in both Windows and *Nix systems. Be able to articulate their significance to an investigation.
- Experience with scripting in Perl/Python/Ruby very desirable. Well not Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with both desktop-based and server-based forensics.
- Comfortable working in a *nix or MacOS environments.
- Contributions to the DFIR community, Blog, Twitter, git repos.
- Conference presentations.
- Penetration testing experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience with a wide range of different attack tools.
- Application testing skills.
- Reverse engineering skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to travel approx. 25%
- Ability to work efficiently and manage time when working remotely.
- Ability to identify potential new business opportunities within the client base.
- We prefer applicants with a university Bachelor or higher qualification in IT or similar but is not mandatory. If you have year 12 or equivalent and can prove you have what it takes then we’ll take you.
- Real-world experience is preferred, but if you have hard won certs then let us know. We need certified people.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider focused on threat detection and response. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, consulting and professional services, and data protection technology, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely.Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
To All Agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.