Financial Planning & Analysis Leader
As a recognized global cyber defender that stops cyber threats all day, every day – we enable our clients to conduct their business, securely.
Trustwave detects threats that others can’t see, enabling us to respond quickly and protect our clients from the devastating impact of cyberattacks. We leverage our world-class team of security consultants, threat hunters and researchers, and our market-leading security operations platform, to relentlessly identify and isolate threats with the right telemetry at the right time for the right response.
Trustwave is a leader in managed detection and response (MDR), managed security services (MSS), consulting and professional services, database security, and email security. Our elite Trustwave SpiderLabs team provides award-winning threat research and intelligence, which is infused into Trustwave services and products to fortify cyber resilience in the age of advanced threats.
The Financial Planning and Analysis leader reports directly to the CFO and will lead the FP&A functions at Trustwave, partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business to provide reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis and support for short and long term business strategies. The position requires a strategically minded and accomplished finance professional with a track record of consistent results in dynamic, growth businesses. The role will interface directly with the CEO, CFO, CRO, and other members of the senior leadership team and manage the FP&A team
As head of Financial Planning and Analysis, the key roles and responsibilities for this position include providing regular reporting and analysis for overall business leadership and business unit leaders, consisting of monthly financial reports, product line profitability reports and analyses of other major business metrics and performance drivers. Leading the Company’s business planning and forecasting activities by monitoring key expense drivers and financial performance and ensuring alignment with strategic and operational priorities. Further enhancing the Company’s budgeting and forecasting models, systems, and processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead all FP&A functions for the company along with creating a best-in-class financial planning and analysis function.
Supporting the CEO/CFO and business unit/regional leadership in developing the long-term and short-term financial goals for the business.
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan/budget, long-term strategic financial plans as well as monthly and quarterly models and forecasts by partnering with business unit and functional leaders.
- Responsible for the post-close analyses of performance and variance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Partner with Accounting teams for month-end and quarter-end close reporting.
- Actively engage functional leaders to find ways to better partner and provide visibility to manage their respective businesses and functions
- Work closely with Trustwave’s management team to provide visibility and insights into the operations of the Company by developing and utilizing key performance indicators (KPI) that align to strategic objectives, regular reporting of KPI’s, and helping to foster a data driven approach and culture to decision making.
- Lead the development of presentations to Board of Directors and related executive committees.
- Work closely with Controller on cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Take an active leadership role in developing systems and processes that improve the transparency, speed, and automation of the FP&A function and information along with enhancing processes that provide key information to management in a timely, consistent, and easily accessible manner.
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports. Further develop team’s analysis and leadership skills for career progression.
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience in financial planning and analysis, accounting, management consulting, and corporate development
- 8+ years of management experience
- Technology background preferred
- Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the alignment between strategic and operational plans
- Extensive experience with data gathering synthesis and analysis; financial modeling; valuation and forecasting/budgeting processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective strategic problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate across functional groups
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel. Anaplan/FinancialForce/Salesforce/NetSuite is helpful
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.