Corporate Accounting Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
As the Corporate Accounting Manager, you will oversee the corporate accounting team and will play a key role in the review of financial information for internal decision-making and external reporting. As a critical member of a rapidly growing, public company, you will develop a team of talented individuals and ensure timely and accurate reporting, strong internal control policies, and create strong partnerships with the business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ownership of all activities of the corporate accounting department, including the month-end close and reporting process, consolidations, and company key metrics.
- Ensure compliance with internal SOX controls as applicable.
- Analyze monthly financial statements to facilitate management’s review of results. Provide high-level commentary to senior leadership on monthly results and trends.
- Work closely with other finance leadership to review internal and external deliverables for SEC reporting, quarterly reviews, and year-end audits.
- Coach, develop, and support an amazing team of accountants primarily focused on operation expenses of the P&L and balance sheet items such as cash, prepaids, fixed assets, intercompany, allocations, and more.
- Participate as needed in subject matter expertise areas for an ERP implementation.
- Serve as subject matter expert for financial systems and reporting needs.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding process changes and information required for timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience and at least 2 years as a proven team leader
- Experienced in excel, knowledge
- Public company experience preferred
- Preference also given to candidates who are fluent in French
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic and highly motivated, with the tendency to be flexible and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with different levels of management
- Strong leadership skill with a desire to develop a team of individuals
- Ability to partner and collaborate across different company fields
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.