Customer Service Representative - Overnight
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We are looking for a self-motivated, client-focused individual to provide exceptional service to both existing and potential customers. The ideal candidate is pet lover whose passion transmits through the phone line. We are looking for someone with initiative, drive, and the determination to succeed.
The work we have for our 3rd-shift crew is a little bit like a Swiss army knife. Since call volume is low during overnight hours, we’ve identified a variety of tasks such as claims processing to keep everyone busy. As a general framework, we’re looking for hours similar to 9pm to 5am, but are willing to customize schedules to fit your needs. This position also has the possibility to work remotely.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working an overnight shift
- 2 years' experience providing customer service over the phone
- Experienced in developing relationships with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with accountability and responsibility
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Attention to detail
- Skilled at online research
- Superb ability to be empathetic and help customers
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever changing environment
- Professional communication with managers and team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be pet friendly
- Strong preference given to candidates with veterinary clinic experience, including both patient and customer care.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a plus!
- Property and Causality licensed in Washington State is a plus!
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.