Senior Software Engineer
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider is looking for a software engineer to work across our custom software stack. In this role, you'll work on building scalable systems and new features to support the rapid growth of the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Designing and implementing middle-tier services across the Trupanion custom software stack
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring for junior members of the team
- Developing strong relationships with PMs, BAs, business leaders, and SMEs to deliver features
- Working with architects and dev team management to build clean, effective solutions
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience developing .NET solutions
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Software development skills in .NET and C# (v4 or newer)
- Ability to communicate with internal business leaders to ensure technical solutions align with and support business needs
- Knowledge and understanding of design using S.O.L.I.D. principles, or an equivalent design methodology
- Experience with SQL Server and ORMs (Entity Framework or similar)
- Comfortable with the agile methodology
- Familiarity with Git and the Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (Visual Studio, TFS, etc.)
High level of understanding of SOME of the following (knowledge of all is not required or expected):
- Designing RESTful Web services
- Enterprise Service Bus platforms (RabbitMQ or similar)
- Experience with PaaS cloud services on Azure, AWS, or equivalent
- IOC Containers (Castle Windsor, Ninject, Autofac,or Unity, etc.)
- Unit testing. Familiarity with mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.