French Bilingual Claims Specialist - Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Needed!
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Claims Adjudication Specialists are responsible for reviewing information gathered from medical records, claim forms and related invoices, making claim outcome (eligible/ineligible) decisions, and communicating those outcomes to customers via email and phone. In addition, Claims Adjudication Specialists will provide an exceptional member experience to existing customers and veterinary clinics related to the claims they review.
Candidates for this position have the option to work in our Seattle office or work remotely from their home office anywhere in the United States.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Review medical records to make claim outcome decisions against received invoice(s) as aligned with the Trupanion policy
- Enter data from medical records to the database
- Contact members regarding claim assessment and status (phone/email) as applicable
- Respond to calls/emails from veterinary clinics/members/Trupanion employees/Territory Partners
- Achieve and maintain a high level of claim accuracy and productivity
- Ability to provide an expeditious and delightful member experience
Qualifications(Please include a cover letter, written in French, with your application! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bilingual in French and English (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed veterinary technician credentials desired, but not required
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive understanding of veterinary medical terminology and medical conditions
- Minimum of three years working in a clinic environment required
- One or more years of experience providing customer service over the phone
- Strong preference given to candidates with five or more years in a clinic environment and/or licensed technician credentials
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and PC
- Ability to keep pace with weekly changes of processes or protocol with immediate implementation
- Efficiency multitasking at high speed while maintaining excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Available to work weekends and adjust the schedule based on department needs
- Independent and self-motivated work ethic
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.