Veterinary Sales Associate
Do you have experience in the Animal Health Industry and want to make a difference in the lives of pets? Do you like to have fun while being fulfilled?
As a Territory Associate, your efforts will help protect the bond between people and their pets and help secure the brightest possible future for the field of veterinary medicine. Territory Associates are Tour De Furs, LLC employees and help market and promote Trupanion’s Pet Medical Insurance policies for companion animals under the brand name Trupanion. Trupanion’s superior Medical Insurance for pets can ensure that dogs and cats get the best possible care when sick or injured and help eliminate economic euthanasia.
Our goal is to provide inspiration, education, guidance, and service to veterinary practices on the critical importance of providing access to uncompromised medical care for pets through the help of pet medical insurance. The team is responsible for building and maintaining new and existing relationships and creating high client rapport through consistent visibility and service.
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a veterinary hospital environment. The geography of this territory covers Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore including but not limited to cities and areas such as: Clarksburg, Poolesville, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Laurel, Upper Marlboro, Annapolis, Waldorf, Prince Frederick, Solomons, Queenstown & Easton.
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with 40 hours per week commitment full time, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. The compensation package includes a base salary, expense reimbursement, and paid leave. As the business grows, so will your earning potential; typically increasing year over year.
- Understand the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 2 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion to reduce or eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, or Business is a plus
- Must live in Maryland
- Must be willing to travel on the road visiting hospitals at least 75% of working hours in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals must be comfortable with that
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License to be employed
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation package includes competitive base salary, bonus potential, and long-term growth opportunities. This role allows flexible scheduling of the 40-hour commitment. Additionally, we offer paid holidays and paid vacation.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
We are more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ