Executive Assistant, International
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a dynamic, energetic and highly organized Executive Assistant reporting directly to the EVP of International! The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing full-time administrative support to the EVP of International, the EVP of Corporate Development and international team, facilitating communications between international and domestic leadership. A key part of the role will be interacting with our teams in Japan, so fluency in writing and speaking Japanese is a requirement for this role.
This position will be primarily responsible for managing calendars, facilitating communications, preparing presentation decks, making travel arrangements, preparing managing expense reporting, and keeping track of both short-term and long-term priorities and deadlines. Additional project management responsibilities are expected over time. You will collaborate closely with other Executive Assistants, leaders, and team members across the company to support the timely delivery of their executives’ projects and initiatives. Ultimately, the Executive Assistant will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to our executive members.
Strong candidates have a proven ability to manage frequently-changing priorities and multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines. They will be able to work independently, initiate conversations, proactively identify potential issues and take appropriate action with minimal guidance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Acting as a point of contact among executives, team members, and external parties
- Managing daily activities, inbox and calendar management, generating meeting invitations and communicating appropriate logistics
- Judgment in handling confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
- Meeting notes, archival, and dissemination of notes based on project requirements
- Organizing travel and expense reports
- Strategic planning and coordinating meetings and events
- Tracking and reporting on important deadlines
- Supporting with written internal and external communications, including company-wide emails
- Coordinating with external partners and vendors
- Planning and managing department related events
- Providing other administrative support as appropriate and as assigned
Qualifications (A cover letter is required with your application)
- Fluent Japanese and English with excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal) is required
- Experience managing global calendaring
- Knowledge of Japanese work/cultural practices (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Booking and Coordinating International Travel
- Experience with Workday & Concur (Preferred)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.