Veterinary Sales Associate - Madison, WI (Part-time)
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE – MADISON, WI
Are you driven, reliable, self-sufficient, extremely organized, able to relate to people, comfortable having conversations, a good listener, and want an opportunity to feel appreciated and earn more than an hourly rate?
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices in the Madison, WI area, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. No veterinary experience necessary as we will train the right individual. This is a great opportunity for a pet passionate person looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 2 - 3 day per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an hourly base salary plus commissions. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Experience in hospitality, bartending, field sales, cold calling, or building a business
- Able to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Appreciates constructive criticism and wants to continually improve your craft
- Has an innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Possess outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live between Madison, WI, and Rockford, IL and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2 – 3 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility, and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.