Member Experience Specialist - Retention
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you love pets? Are you looking for a career in a fast-growing industry that helps pets? Want to be part of something big? Trupanion is looking for a motivated professional to join their dedicated, passionate, and fun Retention team.
The role of Member Experience Specialist - Retention is answering inbound customer calls, working to find a solution to help customers keep their pets protected with a Trupanion policy. Our day to day is largely spent educating our current customers on how they can utilize their policy and addressing customer questions and concerns.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum 1 year of successful Customer Relations or Customer Retention experience in a fast-paced call center
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Emotional intelligence and resilience
- Aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem, and then implement it.
- Internally inspired to do a good job and provide the best service.
- Remain calm and poised under pressure while focusing on what’s best for the customer.
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Background in the veterinary field, or experience working in a veterinary hospital
- Fluency in Spanish or Quebec French is a plus!
Flexible Work Locations:
While we love seeing everyone in the office, we are currently 100% remote as a company due to safety precautions with COVID-19. We have the ability to hire fully remotely in certain states dependant on Property and Casualty licensing requirements.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Employer paid medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.