Member Experience Specialist - Retention
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you love pets? Are you looking for a career in a fast growing industry that helps pets? Want to be part of something big? Trupanion is looking for a motivated professional to join their dedicated, passionate, and fun Retention team.
The role of Member Experience Specialist - Retention is on the front lines answering inbound customer calls, working to find a solution to help customers keep their pets protected with a Trupanion policy. Our day to day is largely spent educating our current customers on how they can utilize their policy and addressing customer questions and concerns.
Success in this role is based on your individual performance, and monthly bonuses are eagerly awarded when goals are met and exceeded -- all while you help cats and dogs live longer, healthier lives.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum 1 year of successful Customer Relations or Retention experience in a fast-paced call center
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM
- Property and Causality licensed in Washington State ($500 signing bonus for licensed candidates OR Trupanion provides coursework and paid study time for the candidate to pass the test within 3 weeks of start date)
- Fluency in Spanish or Quebec French is a plus!
- Able to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing.
- Ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships empathetically.
- Aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem, and then implement it.
- Internally inspired to do a good job and provide the best service.
- Remain calm and poised under pressure while focusing on what’s best for the customer.
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.