Learning Experience Program Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Learning Experience Program Manager
Job Content & Scope:
The Learning Experience Program Manager contributes to Trupanion’s success by providing learning solutions in support of our business strategies. This includes simple to sophisticated solutions to support individual contributors through executive-level development over varying modalities. Solutions will serve to engage and build the capabilities of Trupanion’s workforce. Duties will include all or a subset of these activities: needs assessment, project and business partner management, instructional design, development, implementation planning, delivery/facilitation, and evaluation.
- Learns and understands Trupanion’s business and goals and partners with People Operations and leaders across the business to determine learning and development needs and solutions.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address talent and skill gaps, improve employee performance, give visibility to our talent pipeline, and develop our talent to deliver on our strategic goals.
- Researches, benchmarks, and analyses various methodologies and recommends culturally relevant approaches and solutions.
- Leads the full cycle of project/program management including needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applies principles of adult learning, learning styles, and various instructional design approaches to solutions.
- Analyzes organizational readiness to optimize user adoption. Thoroughly assesses the impact of change to ensure effective execution.
- Decides the most appropriate strategy, technologies, and modalities to deliver solutions.
- Uses strong facilitation skills to deliver meaningful learning experiences.
- Designs and implements evaluation processes to assess the usefulness of programs/solutions.
- Recommends and implements program and process improvement.
- Plans and manages project and program resources, such as allocated budget and project team members.
What You Add To Trupanion’s Culture
- 5+ years’ experience in Learning and Development
- 4-year degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience designing leadership development programs/solutions end-to-end for broad audiences from employees to executives.
- Proficiency with instructional design, facilitation, and creating learning and development programs/solutions.
- Proficiency with learning authoring tools and technology (Articulate, Adobe Creative Suite, LMS, etc.)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Project management skills including the ability to build action plans, timelines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Builds and maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with team members.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate (influence, present data, share compelling vision) via multiple channels with a variety of people.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, consulting skills, and good judgment for solving problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Experience managing/partnering with vendors or consultants as needed
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.