Insurance Sales Broker
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a self-motivated, charismatic Insurance Sales Agent or Broker to join our pet-loving company! If you enjoy the passion, energy, and sense that everyone is in it together, this may be the opportunity for you.
Your role is the heart and soul of Trupanion, and you love helping as many people and pets as possible. Your role is the heart and soul of the Trupanion family, and you love helping as many people and pets as possible. You provide support to customers who contact us about their pet’s medical insurance over the phone, chat, and through email. You’re a magnetic listener, a creative problem solver, and are able to communicate effectively over the phone and in writing. You’re comfortable navigating complex situations and sensitive conversations with a focus on providing the best experience. You are empathetic and emotionally resilient.
Key Responsibilities Include:
This is a blended role of supporting our current members (Customer Care) and enrolling new members into Trupanion (New Member Specialist). For the sales portion of this position, you will be on the front lines answering inbound warm leads, educating potential members, and enrolling their pets in a policy. For the care portion of this position, you will be supporting members with answering any questions they may have surrounding their coverage, claims, billing, as well as general policy questions. Success in this role is based on your individual performance, and monthly bonuses are eagerly awarded when sales/care goals are met and exceeded – all while you help cats and dogs live longer healthier lives.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Please submit a cover letter with your application!
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a high volume business-to-customer sales environment and/or customer service role
- Active license for the sale of property and casualty insurance in Alberta or Ontario required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Customer-Centric: passionate about providing a positive customer experience
- Critical thinking/ think creatively: the ability to assess, analyze, and tackle problems while handling complex situations.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understands.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships with empathy.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Self-Motivated: is self-motivated, driven by results, and is passionate about educating members and ensuring they have a full understanding of their coverage at the time of enrollment.
- Experience working in a Veterinary Clinic
- Licensed as an insurance agent in other Canadian provinces
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring:We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative:We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous:We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious:We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest:We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive:We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble:We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.