As an Accounting Coordinator, you will be a key member of the Trupanion Finance team, supporting the organization in providing excellent customer experience to both policy holders and employees. We are looking for a hardworking individual with both attention to detail and focus on internal and external customer service. The Accounting Coordinator will act as a liaison between Finance and member-facing departments, as well as coordinate other critical finance team functions on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of accounting areas as well as experience in establishing processes and controls for a rapidly growing, public company!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a liaison with the member-facing departments and improve customer experience by maintaining internal service levels in the following areas:
- Processing of claim checks
- Stop-pay/reissue requests
- Manual refund requests
- State unclaimed property filings
- Fraud prevention and research requests
- Banking chargebacks
- Inquiries from others in the organization relating to claims and billing
- Follow internal controls for job duties according to SOX narratives
- Understand basic accounting principles and assist in monthly accounting close
- Support Finance team (Reporting, FP&A, Treasury) for internal and external reporting requests as needed
- Help drive operational improvements in accounting operation functions
- Communicate effectively within finance team as well as others throughout the organization for matters relating to role and responsibilities
- Other ad hoc duties, projects, and tasks as assigned
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience; public company experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required (Running and creating functions, pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Teams)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail are a must
- Strong written and verbal communication demonstrated throughout all levels of the organization
- Capable of researching issues independently
- Engaged by a fast-paced, dynamic environment with opportunities for constant learning
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.