Website Development Lead
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider is looking for web development lead to drive company-wide engineering work on the Trupanion web site. This position requires experience building successful and compelling consumer-facing web properties and leading a team of high-performing web developers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement, and test website and marketing-related features
- Oversee day-to-day work of the website team of 4+ developers
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and personnel management for the website team
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and SMEs in marketing to spec, design, and deliver features
- Work with Dev/IT management to meet company goals, hire new team members, and ensure team members’ career growth
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a development lead (technical leader and personnel manager) for a team of 3+
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing software in C#/.NET for web front-end scenarios
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Expert software engineering skills with C#/.NET and ASP.NET (v4 or newer)
- Knowledgeable about current web frameworks for analytics, A/B testing, monitoring, etc
- Background in leading web developers/teams
- Familiar with the Sitecore CMS or similar enterprise CMSs desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analysts, program managers, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control for web projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of using S.O.L.I.D. principles to design software
- Proficient with the Agile methodology
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.