Veterinary Sales Associate
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE - Utica & Saratoga, NY
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum 2 years of experience in veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Utica-Albany-Saratoga area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships face to face and over the phone as well as a main focus on educating hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for a vet tech, assistant or manager looking for a ground breaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 5 days per week commitment; mix of travel days and office days, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role you'll earn a base salary initially and have the opportunity to bonus through commission, residual and meeting proposed growth targets. As your territory grows, the base will decline and your commission and residual will take over. Earning potential goes up year over year with no cap.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state, or province, of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state, or provincial, background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 2 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping reduce the cost barrier many clients face when choosing care options for their pets
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Must live within the Utica-Albany-Saratoga area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2-3 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Completion of Property and Casualty Licensing course and passing of exam (expenses paid upon passing exam)
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
Learn more about how Trupanion has revolutionized our industry and the reimbursement model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about