Veterinary Sales Associate - Harrisburg, PA (Vet Professionals needed)
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Harrisburg/Carlisle/Mechanicsburg/York area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. In addition, it is perfect for a self-starter who is searching for a more flexible role with a better work/life balance. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 5 day per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn a salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year as you build the territory.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 3 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live within the territory and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 4 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
- Must acquire a P&C Insurance License
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about