Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Associate supports daily office maintenance, vendor access, team member requests, shipping and receiving, mail processing, and other various Facilities-related actions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in the daily operation and general maintenance requirements of office equipment and programs by responding to work orders.
- Supports mail processing including sorting, internal delivery, opening and scanning incoming mail, operating inserter and postage meter machine, applying postage, and meeting pick-up schedule deadlines for US Mail and FedEx.
- General Conditions – inspect all areas of the office for cleanliness and damage and take appropriate steps to rectify.
- Performs tasks related to the maintenance of office and postal equipment, calling in vendors for support as needed.
- Performs various Facilities related tasks and requests as assigned.
- Drive and Operate company vehicles as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Mailroom experience preferred
- Facilities experience preferred
- Experience with systems furniture preferred
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, or insurability
- Clean driving record for the last 5 years
- Basic Computer experience & knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of building codes is desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Handle multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, and visitors to the facility, working harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, and dependable along with top-notch interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Regularly walk, stand, stoop, climb, kneel and crouch
- Frequently lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 40 pounds independently, and occasionally objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring:We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative:We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous:We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious:We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest:We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive:We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble:We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.