Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
As a QA Engineer for the Vision Implementation Team, you will be the part of a team providing the setup and implementation of our client deployments. You will contribute to the user stories, scope of testing and acceptance criteria in order to provide a robust, high quality implementation to our clients. You will maintain an understanding of the delivery roadmap and contribute to all planning sessions.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in the UK. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our Altrincham office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Set up, maintain and promote QA strategy.
- Define and set up entry/exit criteria, pass/fail criteria for testing.
- Participate in Refinement sessions and requirements analysis.
- Plan and estimate testing workload.
- Prepare and maintain test documentation.
- Execute testing of the agreed types and levels.
- Define and review the scope for automated testing scripts.
- Interact with team and participate in regular meetings.
- Analyze the state of the whole project and provide quality status.
- Participate in managing release process from QA perspective.
Quality Assurance Engineer with proven experience in testing.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Have a good understanding of software development lifecycle, understanding of Agile practices.
- Have experience in shaping Quality metrics.
- Willing to expand experience in Automated testing.
- Act as a Quality Advocate in a team.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, proactive, self-motivated.
- Results-oriented, able to perform well in challenging conditions, business-oriented, have good analytical skills.
- Proven history of working on significant and complex software projects.
Primary Testing Skills:
- Types of Testing: Functional, API, GUI, Cross-browser, Cross-platform, New Feature and Regression testing, Acceptance testing, Integration testing.
- Technologies & Testing Tools: Postman, BrowserStack, Fiddler, Swagger, Dev Tools.
- Databases: MS SQL, SQL Azure
- Continuous Improvement: Azure DevOps
- Project & Test tracking systems: Jira, X-Ray, Azure DevOps.
Education, Registration & Certification:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.