Software Business Analyst
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Working with business leaders across the organization, the Software Business Analyst drives planning and requirements gathering for the systems at the core of our operations, and then collaborates with the software development team to turn those plans into reality. Strong candidates are passionate about analyzing and solving business problems, clearly documenting and communicating about sophisticated systems, and rapidly adapting in a fast-paced environment. You must be a results-oriented person who can think strategically and work optimally with a broad array of partners across the company.
- Work with business owners and subject matter experts to identify and document current and future workflows and business requirements
- Analyze requirements to propose and evaluate potential solutions and distinguish true business needs from lower priority requests
- Collaborate with dev leads, developers, and PMs to update and maintain product backlogs based on requirements and deliver user stories in an agile development environment
- Clearly communicate status, major decisions, tradeoffs, future plans, and opportunities to management and colleagues
- Collect feedback from product users and fold the feedback into future product plans
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze requirements for complex software systems over multiple releases
- Previous experience creating plans and roadmaps spanning multi-year software projects
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent analysis skills including the ability to differentiate critical business requirements from proposed solutions
- Passionate focus on creating a superior user experience across multiple systems
- Good communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence business partners
- A self-starter who can build a strong rapport and trust with resources across multiple functional areas.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.