DEIB Program Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
Trupanion is here to help pets live their healthiest and happiest lives - and we couldn’t do it without our fantastic team! Team members are an important part of what makes Trupanion so great, and we aspire to offer an inclusive and empowering experience for each of them.
Our culture at Trupanion is unique. We don’t embrace status or typical hierarchy. As a team member, you are valued for your unique ideas and contributions to the company, regardless of your role or background. Our goal is to offer an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and has the ability to contribute to their full potential.
As our DEIB Program Manager you will help further our DEIB programs. In this role, you will work with our People Operations team to support our growing team and strategic business goals. You will partner across the business to enhance diversity recruitment, development and retention of diverse talent.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building strong partnerships across the company to increase awareness and understanding of DEI as a strategic focus and influence positive change
- In partnership with the PeopleOps team, setting and tracking metrics for assessing DEIB program impact
- Building upon Trupanion’s DEI strategy, furthering the integration of our DEI metrics across all aspects of our company and culture
- Implementing and championing programs to recruit, develop, and retain an diverse, inclusive and global workforce
- Working closely with our Learning and Development team to facilitate DEIB acumen for all team members and evolve curriculum as necessary
- Provide project management support to Employee Resource Groups (ERG) leaders and their inclusion efforts
- Hosting and creating events designed to amplify Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our culture
- Review and analyze company policies and people practices through a DEI lens to identify any adverse implications
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Evident passion for, awareness, and understanding of, the complexities of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- 3+ years of experience leading programs and prioritizing initiatives that lead to measurable results
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data and trends to identify areas to influence change
- Strong program and project management skills, and ability to operationalize and scale programs
- A strong bias for action and proven track record of positive impact
- Experience managing projects across multiple different departments and stakeholders
- Experience facilitating DEI events and trainings for multiple audiences
Education, Registration & Certification:
Indicate the level of education required for the position, as well as any professional qualifications or certifications. If you are asking for country-specific qualifications (GCSE’s/A-Levels etc) ensure to include the wording ‘or equivalent’.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.