Veterinary Sales Associate – Saratoga, NY - Part-Time (Vet Techs needed)
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE – Saratoga, NY
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Albany-Saratoga area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships face to face and over the phone as well as a main focus on educating hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for a vet tech, assistant, or manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 2-2.5 days per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role you'll earn a base salary initially and have the opportunity to bonus through commission, residual and meeting proposed growth targets. As your territory grows, the base will decline and your commission and residual will take over. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 2 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping reduce the cost barrier many clients face when choosing care options for their pets
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live within 1 hour of Saratoga and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Completion of Property and Casualty Licensing course and passing of exam (expenses paid upon passing exam)
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility, and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.