Claims Adjudication Specialist - French Bilingual
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Claims Adjudication Specialists are responsible for reviewing information gathered from medical records, claim forms, and related invoices, making claim outcome (eligible/ineligible) decisions, and communicating those outcomes to customers via email and phone. In addition, Claims Adjudication Specialists will provide an exceptional member experience to existing customers and veterinary clinics related to the claims they review.
Candidates for this position have the option to work in our Seattle office or work remotely from their home office anywhere in the United States.
Please include a cover letter describing your interest and experience as related to this position, and how your values align with Trupanion’s. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
What you will do (The Role):
- Review medical records to make claim outcome decisions against received invoice(s) as aligned with the Trupanion policy
- Enter data from medical records to the database
- Contact members regarding claim assessment and status (phone/email) as applicable
- Respond to calls/emails from veterinary clinics/members/Trupanion employees/Territory Partners
- Achieve and maintain a high level of claim accuracy and productivity
- Ability to provide an expeditious and delightful member experience
What you'll need (Qualifications):
- Bilingual in French is required
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive understanding of veterinary medical terminology and medical conditions
- Three-plus years working in a clinical environment
- At least one year of experience providing customer service over the phone
- Strong preference is given to candidates with five or more years in a clinic environment and/or licensed technician credentials
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and PC
- Ability to keep pace with weekly changes of processes or protocol with immediate implementation
- Efficiency multitasking at high speed while maintaining excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent and self-motivated work ethic
At Trupanion, we foster a flexible workplace. This is a remote position open to candidates anywhere in Canada.
- The pay for this position is $28.46 an hour, on a full-time schedule. Along with the hourly pay, Trupanion employees may be eligible for uncapped monthly bonuses based on individual performance.
- We want all employees to be invested in Trupanion’s success, so we grant Restricted Stock Units to all new team members. Our new hire grants vest over 4 years.
Benefits and Perks:
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Trupanion will partner with Wealthsimple to register your RRSP, pension, etc.
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Learn more about how Trupanion has revolutionized our industry and the reimbursement model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.