TechOps Support Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you want to build a fast-paced and exciting career in IT? Trupanion is looking for a TechOps Support Specialist to help drive productivity, efficiency, and reliability in a rapidly-growing, agile organization. You'll interact with both people and technology to support Trupanion's Revenue IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support mission-critical internal and partner facing applications by investigating user-reported issues, documenting clear steps to reproduce issues, and engaging with product teams on resolution when needed
- Build and execute test plans to proactively identify issues
- Create a knowledge base with a goal of making users more efficient and self-sufficient over time
- Collaborate with product owners to address impactful issues in future releases
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with front-end application users, IT professionals, vendor partners, and internal teams in a way that is appropriate for the audience
- Provide exemplary customer service across all levels of the organization
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in technical support
- Demonstrated ability in QA or UAT operations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- An individual who is self-motivated, driven, passionate, confident
- Ability to forge strong working partnerships within IT, with internal business partners, with vendors/partners, and with external customers
- Strong problem solving skills, with a willingness and desire to increase knowledge base
- Inquisitive nature, willing to research and find solutions to complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in escalated situations
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.