Veterinary Sales Associate - Madison, WI (Part-time)
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE – MADISON, WI
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, self-motivated, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales or customer-facing position who can help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Madison, WI area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships, and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for someone who has experienced not being able to afford your veterinarian’s best care and wants to make a difference. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 2-3 day (25 hours) per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an hourly base salary as well as uncapped commissions. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live between Madison, WI, and Rockford, IL and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2 – 3 days/week in addition to some administrative work from a home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop, and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about