Digital Marketing Acquisition Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a Digital Marketing Acquisition Manager to lead our acquisition strategy through paid digital media touchpoints, with an emphasis on SEM and display! This position will collaborate with our external agency partners to deliver on key metrics in support of enrollment and conversion rate targets for Trupanion.
The role is inherently analytical. The successful candidate will constantly monitor daily/weekly trends and provide recommendations on how to allocate budgets to maximize enrollment growth and maintain efficiency.
This role will serve as a leader and contributor for advanced attribution, with a focus on representing the value of Trupanion’s paid search and programmatic strategy. This includes integrating vendor-led and internally-led programs, implementing tag management systems, unifying data inputs, and evaluating new product/service offerings.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the management and execution of paid digital media (across search and display) campaigns that deliver on business objectives.
- Collaborate with external agencies to build strategic action plans and SEM / programmatic optimization strategies that increase qualified site traffic, raise purchase consideration and generate lift in enrollment volumes.
- Provide strategic guidance for SEM and display campaign structures and targeting, including search query mining, keyword expansion, advanced use of negative keywords, and improvement of bid management processes and algorithms.
- Provide leadership guidance for search engine marketing platforms to drive tactical best-practice and find opportunities to leverage platform innovations for testing and optimization.
- Work alongside external (agency) teams to execute and optimize digital programs that align with paid and unpaid channels and corresponding standard methodologies.
- Partner with internal teams to strategize, execute, and optimize conversion rates through A/B testing.
- Provide a strategic perspective and keyword performance insights to advise SEO content strategies.
Qualifications (A cover letter is required with your application)
Education, Registration & Certification / Experience:
- 5+ Years of digital planning and campaign management across brand and direct response in a relevant industry.
- Strong organizational skills across search tactics, including structural and targeting improvements (geo, demographic, day-parting, keyword, and URL).
- Experience working directly with a leading ad platform (i.e. Google Marketing Platform, DoubleClick, Bing Ads) for campaign setup, ad trafficking, paid media performance reports.
- Experience with multiple digital tracking tools and articulating their product benefits to internal teams (i.e. Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics).
- Ability to manage, provide direction, and implement updates alongside internal teams regarding site tagging for existing and new web pages.
- Strong experience partnering with organic/natural search channels.
- Ability to understand and identify correlational patterns in digital media from aggregate data sources, trends, and studies.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record to articulate changes in critical metric measurements and corresponding optimization as part of attribution outputs, which would improve media effectiveness and/or cost-efficiency.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.