Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist with a company-wide effort to move to full CI/CD for all software deployments. The role requires experience successfully building scalable systems to support the rapid growth of our company.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in the UK. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our Altrincham office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be a champion for our customers by designing and implementing tools and automation frameworks to enable CI/CD build and release pipelines. This is accomplished by utilizing industry proven Build Systems (Azure DevOps), Version Control Systems (Git), Work Management Applications (Azure DevOps, JIRA), Distributed Operating Systems (Kubernetes), Application Containers (Docker) and Monitoring Tools (DataDog, PRTG, ElasticSearch).
- Work with Development, Program Management, and Operations to enforce best practices for software development across multiple teams.
- Use performance monitoring tools and reporting results.
- In order to meet deployment schedules and different timezones, individuals in this role may be required to adjust their start and finish times based on daily needs.
Proven experience in a DevOps position focused on the following areas:
- Designing, building, and configuring development environments and tools to enhance development acceleration.
- Technical experience supporting Windows / SQL Server / .NET solutions.
- Source control systems, build systems, and release management tools.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with Git and the Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, TFS, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline systems and other release automation systems.
- Ability to communicate with internal business leaders to ensure technical solutions align with and support business needs.
- Experience with logging (Elastic Stack) and monitoring systems (DataDog, PRTG).
- Experience with Agile software development organizations.
- Experience driving big-picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining strong attention to detail.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.