Field Sales Associate - Santa Clarita Valley & San Fernando Valley, CA
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales role or customer service role to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Santa Clarita Valley, San Fernando Valley, Bakersfield/Visalia, and Antelope Valley!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced customer service or sales professional who is looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a full-time commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn a monthly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Willing to learn the ins and outs of the Veterinary Industry
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinary practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 4 days/week, preferably based in Santa Clarita or Granada Hills, in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record, reliable car, and evidence of insurance
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
- Must acquire a P&C Insurance License and pass a background check
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about