Senior Manager, Recruiting
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion's People Operations team is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Recruiting Manager to oversee the recruiting team at Trupanion. This leader will be responsible for building and developing a data-driven recruiting organization who is adept at partnering with business leaders to reach their goals. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of DEI recruiting strategies, is passionate about mentoring their team and building an excellent team culture, and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and dig in.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build, engage, manage and develop a team of recruiting leaders and individual contributors in a fast-paced and nimble environment
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and SLAs to measure and manage team outcomes
- Use metrics as a core way of working to guide the priorities and focus areas of the team; focusing on efficiency, effectiveness and equity across all areas of the team
- Builds strong partnerships with business leaders across multiple functions and at all levels of the organization by keenly understanding their priorities and talent needed for success
- Partner with business leaders to forecast hiring needs and build recruiting plans to support their goals
- Deeply understand the external talent landscape; use this data to build creative approaches and solutions to our recruiting activities and advise leaders on trends and best practices
- Focus on data and continuous improvement to understand recruiting process effectiveness and drive optimal team performance
- Personally recruit for senior level roles when needed, delivering quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment process
Process & Project Management
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to support strategic Recruiting team priorities, such as vendor management, immigration process, employer branding, and diverse recruiting pipelines
- Lead and/or participates in broader projects to enhance Recruiting or People Operations at Trupanion
- 7+ years progressive, full-cycle recruiting experience
- 5+ years of recruiting leadership experience
- Experience leading a team who directly recruiting for a variety of business functions - experience with high volume hourly, technology, field sales, and senior leadership roles preferred
- Experience managing recruiting initiatives/programs that drive measurable results
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong people leadership skills - motivating, coaching, and developing teams
- Organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive team operations and projects with limited oversight
- Data driven with a keen understanding of the importance of metrics, adept at using data to evaluate the efficiency of processes and drive performance
- Highly adaptable to change; flexibility and ability to move and grow at the pace of our business
- A problem-solver who approaches challenges with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility
- Strong project management skills, ability to lead and collaborate to drive ideas to execution
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; articulate and persuasive communicator with a variety of audiences
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - concentration in Human Resources, business, or a related field is preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.