Senior Paid Media Marketing Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a self-directed, data-driven Sr. Paid Media Marketing Manager, who will oversee the strategy and execution of innovative performance campaigns that accelerate Trupanion’s growth.
The Sr. Paid Media Marketing Manager will work across internal teams including distribution and markets partners, brand, creative, eCommerce and digital communications, as well as partner with external creative and media agencies to inform and implement holistic strategies and creative for paid media campaigns. Reporting to the director of conversion marketing, the successful candidate will own, in partnership with our external agency partners, the performance of media strategy across TV, radio, podcasts, paid social, paid search, and display / programmatic.
Success in this role requires the ability to effectively oversee our paid media and growth strategy, deep-dive on cohort analysis and set campaign goals, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of each media platform’s unique offerings and influencers, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and possess a passion for continuous improvement.
This person will need to have an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction, a drive for testing and learning as well as the ability to prioritize effectively and balance data with instinctive decisions. Overall, this role will be challenged to push boundaries and propose new ideas.
This job requires physically being in our Seattle Office part-time, and all team members entering the Office are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Oversee strategy to drive new customer acquisition and growth.
- Define goals and effectively lead all aspects of channel execution, while identifying tactics with high lead volume and conversion potential.
- Lead detailed analysis of campaign(s) effectiveness, including segmentation, creative targeting, and cohort analysis.
- Continuously raise the bar on attribution metrics and develop new/better standards to effectively measure campaign success
- Analyze and disseminate comprehensive reporting
- Drive day-to-day channel operations in tandem with agency partners
- Coordinate with creative and content teams to drive channel growth and to ensure campaigns are in alignment with brand positioning and long-term goals.
- Stay current with paid media marketing trends and opportunities.
- Develop storytelling to create a dynamic, engaging and authentic brand experience that successfully reflects the spirit of our mission to help pets lead longer, happier lives.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated ability in acquisition marketing
- 6+ years of paid media experience
- 3+ years experience managing a paid media budget
- Proven experience with working with large data sets and complex analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills
- Experience managing and overseeing large-scale media campaigns across platforms with a track record of growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics
- Background in media marketing, including strategy development and execution
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders and managing external agencies/partners
- Self-starter, ambitious and creative.
- Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and pioneering new approaches within your team or company
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Proven track record of influencing others to drive your key business objectives and goals.
- Creative problem solver with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.