Veterinary Account Manager - Vancouver, BC
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-passionate environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a motivated sales professional to join the Inside Sales Team. This person will play a fundamental role in driving growth and engagement within Trupanion partnered veterinary hospitals. This job will require minimal travel and will be based out of the Vancouver, BC office.
This is a phone-heavy role and the right candidate must be confident in making and taking 20-30 phone calls a day. The role will be working directly with veterinary hospitals and their staff to generate interest in Trupanion and explain why medical insurance for dogs and cats is exceptionally valuable. This role also partners heavily with our Territory Partners (Trupanion’s Field Sales Executives) to collaborate on the management of partner hospital accounts. Success in this position is based on lifting enrollments (same-store sales) at assigned accounts.
Everyone in this role is eligible for a lucrative uncapped monthly compensation model based on individual sales metrics along with a base salary.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate with key players in veterinary hospitals on a regular cadence to explain the benefits of an insured client base, discuss individual hospital performance, and address any challenges or successes at the hospital level
- Collaborate closely with Trupanion Territory Partners to communicate about assigned accounts
- Generate and lift enrollments within Trupanion Partner hospitals
- Close and achieve monthly and quarterly goals
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum of three years working in a veterinary clinic environment
- One or more years of experience providing customer service over the phone
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, to include fluency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with preferred exposure to Dynamics CRM
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Motivated by a lucrative compensation model
- Analytical skills and the ability to communicate to potential and current partner hospitals the metrics of their performance
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Passport for periodic travel to visit our Seattle, WA headquarters
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Supplemental medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Five week, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog) at no cost to the employee
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.