Customer Support Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Join Our Member Experience Team: Meaningful work impacting pets' lives!
As a Customer Support Specialist, your role is at the heart of Trupanion. When members need us, our Specialists do whatever is necessary to provide the best experience possible. We're looking for those that thrive in engaging with customers, are comfortable navigating complex situations, investigating, problem-solving, and taking action in the moment. In this role, you will build real-life connections, and help educate members on the unparalleled lifetime value and importance of having a pet protected by us.
What you will do (The Role):
- Provide an exceptional experience for current Trupanion members through inbound phone calls, chat and email in a remote or hybrid call center environment
- Genuinely listen, investigate and find the path to action to resolve customer concerns
- Handle sensitive, emotionally charged situations with empathy and care, exemplifying Trupanion values
- Utilize multiple systems simultaneously
- Quickly adapt to changes in procedure in a high-growth environment
What you'll need (Qualifications):
- 2+ years’ experience in high-volume, high-level customer service
- Call center experience is a plus!
- Experience using and learning complex computer systems
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
At Trupanion, we foster a flexible workplace! This is a remote position open to candidates anywhere in the US. If you enjoy a mix of on-site and remote work, you may choose to have a hybrid schedule in our Seattle office. You must be able to connect to the internet through hard-wire Ethernet.
During four weeks of training, employees work Monday- Friday between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST.
After training, employees move into a permanent, non-rotating schedule. This position will include both weekend days with shifts between the hours of 3:00 AM - 11:00 PM PST.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal-opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.