Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for an exceptional eCommerce expert to lead the execution of web strategy and spearhead conversion initiatives across Trupanion.com and associated web assets. The role will be pivotal in pushing this high-growth company forward and ideal for a proven online sales and marketing performer who is eager to be part of a team that is breaking new ground and forging a new market.
The right candidate will act as a catalyst for eCommerce innovation. They will sit at the heart of Trupanion’s ambitious plans to evolve a best-in-class online experience, and they will play a key role in developing the customer journey from website to phone – for optimal conversion and life time value benefits. This digital specialist will identify meaningful opportunities to reinforce the value proposition for pet owners to ultimately help Trupanion to enroll more pets, for life.
Reporting to the Head of Conversion, this position is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, commercially oriented eCommerce specialist who’s ready to roll up their sleeves for their next career challenge and excited to make a difference in a market on the verge of mass-market expansion.
The ideal candidate must have a consistent track record of eCommerce success, with well-honed skills to read data and to quickly define strategy and craft meaningful personalized experiences across multiple digital touchpoints and diverse audience groups. They will have business knowledge and understanding to ensure conversion initiatives align with a solid execution plan that is both cohesive and effective over the long-term. The person selected will be expected to understand and dive deep into key online funnel metrics to quickly identify and develop an over-arching strategy and tactics that improve online performance. They will be reactive and proactive, easily balancing between the two working methods.
The eCommerce Manager will have experience in leading major online testing initiatives, working alongside a team of creative professionals to drive UX and design improvements and make data-driven decisions without delay.
If you’re hungry for a truly exciting position and seeking constant career growth and development, this could be the right role for you. To be successful in this position you must be a genuine teammate who is comfortable with getting things done from the ground up and fully embraces change.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Increasing the conversion rate across Trupanion.com both directly (online) and indirectly (over the phone).
- Lead initiatives to create a frictionless, joyful experience within the Trupanion.com domain to reach commercial goals for the target number of new pets enrolled
- Analyze web page performance and optimize based on acquisition, engagement, and retention goals
- Partnering with key stakeholders to find the perfect balance of web : phone traffic ratio to achieve conversion goals including the co-development of a plan to increase call volume from web to phone.
- Partner with our internal IT team and work alongside external consultancy partners
- Oversee UX for customer experience and conversion wins
- implementation of a full SEO roadmap
- Actively engage in trend-spotting and competitive analysis of the ecommerce industry to communicate more broadly across the organization about integrating innovative technologies and programs
- Ability to QA and follow-up on bugs, keeping in mind the business goals, and prioritizing as needed
- Effectively communicate website performance to executives
- Ensure the digital team adheres to legal and compliance requirements
- Oversee the training and development of high performing digital partners to achieve department and company goals
- Develop a clear succession plan approach and work to support individual (personal) goals for team members to ensure team fulfillment
- Challenge and inspire employees to achieve business results
- Lead the team to ensure the creation, communication, and execution of digital marketing project plans, strategies, and tactics
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
The right candidate will have
- Strong commercial background with proven track record in delivering online sales results – 5e+ years of proven experience in digital marketing and the conversion space
- Hands-on experience
- Experience working with creative and technical leads and teams on feature development – including hands-on deliver of site launches, updates, and refreshes
- Proven experience working with industry tools and analytics packages, including web analytics, targeting, testing, CRM, and marketing automation platforms
- Website optimization experience
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Confident, self-motivated individual with a strong, demonstrable bias for action, leadership, and teambuilding
- Experience managing cross-functional campaigns (on and offline)
- Former experience with budgetary control and management
- Willingness to be a team player and a leader
- A strong sense of fun, empathy, and impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
You Will Have an Advantage if You Have:
- Sitecore CMS experience is very much preferred
- Project Management experience
- Firm understanding of HTML/HTML5
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.